1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like a wide variety of yarns; wool and various blends (bamboo, tencel, etc). I *hate* acrylic and novelty stuff – ya know, the fluffy mohairy stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I’m embarrassed to say that I just keep them stored in the little platic baggies they come in and they’re all thrown into a larger plastic baggie. Its really very pathetic, one of these days I must get more organized.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting just over a year. My mom taught me the basics (continental/finish (?) style). I learned a lot of more advanced techniques online though; I would say that I’m an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other on-line wish list? Hmm, not as of this moment.
5. What’s your favorite scent? I love fruity, citrus-y scents…my favorite wool wash fragrance of all time is pink sugar.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate, yum.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Not really, I used to paint a little but I haven’t done that it many, many years.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I’ll listen to pretty much everything.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love brown, I love greens and blues and anything in between (aqua, turquoise). Oh and also pink, purple and red. I love colour.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a 16 month old little girl and one boxer.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves (not shawls), hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting socks.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks (2 pairs).
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? sure
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? For most things I prefer circulars, preferrable wood/bamboo or metal. I don’t enjoy plastic needles at all. For socks, I like to knit cuff down on wood dpns but toe-up on circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I wish though. I hate winding yarn by hand.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 weeks? The longest has been about 3 or 4 months but its all done. I’m pretty good about finishing projects up.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas is my favorite holiday. We usually celebrate a traditional Polish Christmas Eve.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, sock yarn especially 🙂
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I currently don’t have any knitting books or magazines. I like Nancy Bush’s books though. I would love to try Dream in Colour’s Smooshy yarn.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I’m constantly trying to learn new techniques, hopefully Fair Isle one of these days.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! Womens size 7 (8 3/4″ circumference/lenght)
23. When is your birthday? January 19th.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? Yup, my ravelry ID is AJK